Happy first day of 2018 everyone! Yay for the second post of the year! I’m sort of on my way to one of my resolutions which is to blog more in general. I’m finding as I get older, that my resolutions list either gets shorter or as I like to think, a little more focused on what matters to me most. I’ve sort of jumped off the “I’ll exercise more” bandwagon (because we all know I’m a lazy cow, and that ain’t happening haha!). But in seriousness, each year I find my resolutions are more personal and more about developing and growing as an individual.
This year is all about getting learned! I want to do more in terms of being creative to keep me from getting bored or falling into a depression (I get winter blues really bad, and this year is no exception). I’ve gone through some major life changes (which I might get to in a later post) and a lot of it has been overwhelming to say the least. Enjoy my little list of things to self-improvement and then some (in no particular order):
- Learn to draw digitally. (I did my logo myself—as you can see, I need LOTS of practice!)
- Read more books! I forgot how much I love to read. I’m currently reading the second book of Marissa Meyer’s The Lunar Chronicles (I LOVE it so far).
- Blog more (we covered this a smidge earlier!)
- Pay more attention to “self-care” or de-stressing. I let things (stressful situations, people, environments, etc.) sit too long and let it get me down rather than finding an outlet or allowing myself to decompress. It’s important I think, the older we get.
- Travel more.
- Eat better.
- Visit more coffee shops.
- Pet all the doggos.
- Pet all the kitters.
- Stay in touch and see my friends more often. Specifically because I was reminded of this while sitting in a busy coffee shop on New Years day writing up this post, of how many people met up for coffee today with people they haven’t seen in a long time. I watched people embrace as though they hadn’t seen each other in years, and what a lovely thing that was to see. It makes me want to put more effort into seeing and keeping in touch with those that matter to me most. Especially because we all get busy and life happens or gets in the way.
- Learning to say no. It’s a difficult task for me—I don’t typically say no to too many things if it means helping someone, work related, etc. But it’s important to think about myself from time to time.
- Enjoy more music. It’s a nice way to escape my world when I need a break and I should visit more often.
- Draw/doodle more (whether that’s traditionally with my trusty pencil and paper or digitally).
- Keeping up with my “minimalist” ideals. I use this term loosely because I’m not a complete minimalist but I try to make sure I apply certain aspects of it to my life—like when it comes to shopping, home decor, clothing, makeup, etc. It’s just so much better for me, living life with only what I consider essentials. Less clutter (in all aspects of my life) just makes me much happier.
- Accepting and embracing my imperfections. (Constant struggle).
- One of my major resolutions to keep this year is to remember that not being okay, is okay.
I feel as though I could have added more to this list, but I think it’s pretty solid and a great starting point. Do you have any resolutions this year? Share with me in the comments what you’re looking forward to in 2018! Until next time.